Ferry-Morse, one of the leading and oldest gardening seed brands in the United States, part of the Central Garden & Pet Company portfolio (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA), is taking gardening to the next level this spring with the launch of its new Colossal Collection. Available now as gardeners plan and prep for spring gardening, the collection features seed varieties that will grow vegetables at least double the average size – or double the yield – for extra flavor, value and even bragging rights!
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240213464109/en/
Ferry-Morse Helps Gardeners Think Big with NEW Colossal Seed Collection, Crops at Least Double the Average Size or Yield (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Growing your own produce at home is a labor of love, and now gardeners of all levels can reap the benefits even more with our Colossal Collection seed varieties,” said Rebecca Sears, CMO & Resident Green Thumb for Ferry-Morse. “Whether you want to spice up your signature dish with the heat of our exclusive Super Nacho Jalapeño Peppers, share an abundance of crispy green beans with friends and family or simply impress your neighbors with a state fair-worthy pumpkin, our Colossal Collection offers huge possibility for homegrown meals this spring.”
The Colossal Collection offers five different produce varieties, including:
- The Big Dill Cucumber – a superior hybrid variety known for its long, slender shape, each cucumber boasts a delightful sweetness and crispness perfect for pickling. Growing 8 to 18 inches long, these cucumbers are sure to be a “big dill” for your culinary creations.
- Jack’s Magic Pole Beans – a quick-growing early crop that produces 2x more harvest compared to the average garden bean, gardeners can feature these beans for a variety of fresh side dishes at any summer cookout – after all, there’s plenty to go around!
- Super Nacho Jalapeño Peppers – a hybrid pepper variety that can grow to be double the length of a typical jalapeño pepper, at 6 to 7 inches long, each pepper provides a seemingly endless supply of nacho wheels – perfect for adding some jalapeño heat to a summer salsa or a cocktail.
- Beefed Up Beefsteak Tomato – a premium variety that produces robust and flavorful beefsteak tomatoes as much as double the average size. Ideal for slicing and culinary use, gardeners and home chefs alike can enjoy this hefty variety in sauces, sandwiches, and freshly tossed salads.
- Sasquatch Butternut Squash – a larger-fruited, vining hybrid variety that produces fruits reaching 5lbs or more, each robust squash boasts a delightful, sweet flavor that can be enjoyed roasted, stuffed or baked into a casserole to satisfy even the biggest of appetites.
- Cinderella’s Ride Pumpkins – this variety that gives new meaning to the word “colossal,” as each pumpkin can reach up to 500 pounds once grown. Plant in the spring and harvest these remarkable pumpkins just in time for fall recipes or as a statement piece in your landscape design.
Ferry-Morse continues to offer a variety of online tools for those who want expert advice at their fingertips, including the Garden Matchmaker Quiz for personalized seed recommendations and The Greenhouse blog for gardening tips and recipes available on FerryMorse.com. Gardeners of all levels can read more about Ferry-Morse’s top secrets to a successful garden here.
For more information on Ferry-Morse’s Colossal Collection, visit https://ferrymorse.com/collections/colossal-seed. The Colossal Collection is now available for purchase on FerryMorse.com and at select retailers nationwide.
Founded in 1856, Ferry-Morse is one of the oldest operating seed businesses in the United States and pioneered the practice of selling only fresh flower, herb, and vegetable seeds, packed for the current season. Along with our history comes a wealth of knowledge, innovations, and experience helping generations of gardeners. What has always been at the center of the Ferry-Morse brand are quality and integrity, including a dedication to only Non-GMO seeds. Ferry-Morse is part of the Green Garden Products family of brands, the leading supplier of seed packets and seed starter products for flower and vegetable gardens in North America. Green Garden Products is owned by Central Garden & Pet. For more information, visit ferrymorse.com.
About Central Garden & Pet
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA) understands that home is central to life and has proudly nurtured happy and healthy homes for over 40 years. With fiscal 2023 net sales of $3.3 billion, Central is on a mission to lead the future of the Pet and Garden industries. The Company’s innovative and trusted products are dedicated to helping lawns grow greener, gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. Central is home to a leading portfolio of more than 65 high-quality brands including Amdro®, Aqueon®, Cadet®, Farnam®, Ferry-Morse®, Four Paws®, Kaytee®, K&H®, Nylabone® and Pennington®, strong manufacturing and distribution capabilities and a passionate, entrepreneurial growth culture. Central Garden & Pet is based in Walnut Creek, California and has 6,700 employees across North America and Europe. Visit www.central.com to learn more.